Many Apple users have a complaint that their iPhone X earpiece not working. I too had experienced with this issue. I had this issue after screen replacement. One of the iPhone X user said some solutions to fix this issue. Here I am going to share those solutions with you.
Before trying these solutions,
- Restart your iPhone
- Take your iPhone out of the case.
- Turn off Bluetooth via Settings->Bluetooth.
- Unplug the headphones if it is connected. Because if your phone is connected with headphones (headset), you can’t hear the sound through earpiece.
Solution 1: Force Restart
- Press Volume Up button and quickly release it. And then press Volume Down button and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the Side button (Wake/Sleep) until the Apple logo appears.
Solution 2: Change Call Audio Routing to Speaker
- Go to Settings->General->Accessibility.
- Scroll down to find “Call Audio Routing” and tap it.
- Select “Speaker”.
Solution 3: Clean Earpiece grill (Receiver)
- Disconnect all cables that have plugged into your phone.
- Turn off your phone.
- Take a q-tip and rubbing alcohol.
- Apply little alcohol on q-tip.
- Start rubbing the earpiece with the q-tip.
Solution 4: Check headphones’ jack
- Unplug the headphones.
- Try to adjust the volume. What are you seeing on the screen whether Volume (Ringer) or Headphones? If you see Headphones, something is stuck in headphones’ jack. If there is anything stuck in the jack, your phone will think that headphones are plugged in. so check the headphones jack. If anything stuck in the jack, use compressed air to remove it.
Note: Don’t use anything except compressed to clean headphones’ jack.
Solution 5: Remove the Screen Protector
Make sure that nothing is blocked iPhone’s receiver. If you use Plastic Cover or Tempered Glass on your phone, remove it. Because it may block the earpiece grill (receiver).
Solution 6: Fix this issue with headphones
- Plug the headphones into the jack. Use the headphones that have come with your iPhone.
- Make a call to someone and speak via headphones.
- Unplug the headphones while speaking. Now check whether you can hear via earpiece or not.
SEE ALSO: Callers can’t hear me on calls on iPhone x
- Check Apple warranty status. If your iPhone covers warranty, take it to the Apple Service Center.
- Make an Apple genius bar appointment.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know via your comments.