Many iPhone X users have a complaint that VOIP calls failing on their device when they try to make a call with FaceBook/Whatsapp/Skype. You may have the same problem. If it is so, this article will help you to fix it.
Solution 1: Reset All settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter passcode if required and then tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
Note: When you try Reset All Settings, your iPhone will remove all Bluetooth pairing details, saved Wi-Fi Networks & passwords, and APN & VPN settings
Solution 2: Disable “Hearing Aid Compatibility”
- Go to Settings->General->Accessibility.
- Scroll down to find “Hearing Aid Compatibility” and turn it off.
Solution 3: Uninstall and reinstall the apps
Uninstall and reinstall the app that you try to make calls with.
Make sure that you have updated the app that you are trying to make a call with.
Solution 4: Restart your device
- Press and hold the Slide Button and Either Volume Up or Volume Down button simultaneously until “slider to power off” screen appears.
- Drag the slider to turn off your device.
- To turn on your device, press and hold the Slide Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 5: Force Restart
- Press Volume Up button and quickly release it. And then Press Volume Down button and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the Slide button (Wake/Sleep) until the Apple logo appears.
Note: Don’t press Volume Up and Volume Down simultaneously.
SEE ALSO: iPhone X Keeps Dropping/Cutting Out During Phone Calls
- Make sure that you have updated your iPhone X to the latest version of iOS.
- Check Apple warranty status. If your iPhone covers warranty, take it to the Apple Service Center.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.