My iPhone X battery draining so fast. I don’t know why. Last night I saw the battery percentage. It was 98%. But today morning it was completely drained out. There was only 20% battery on my phone. I didn’t even touch the phone throughout the night. It happens only after upgrading my phone to iOS 11. Then one of my friend suggested me to try some solutions to fix this issue. If you have the same issue, this article will help you to fix it.
Solution 1: Disable “Background App Refresh”
Turning on Background App Refresh may drain the battery level.
- Go to Settings->General->Background App Refresh.
- Tap “Background App Refresh”.
- Select “Off” from 3 options (Off, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi & Mobile Data”.
Solution 2: Check battery usage for Apps
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down to find “Battery” and tap it. Here you can the percent of usage for each app.
Now find out what makes your battery down.
Solution 3: Turn on “Auto-Brightness”
Auto-Brightness automatically adjust the screen to lighting conditions.
- Launch Settings->General->Accessibility->Display Accommodations.
- Toggle on (turn on) Auto-Brightness.
Solution 4: Enable “Low Power Mode”
Low Power Mode reduces power consumption. When it is on, background app refresh, mail fetch, some visual effects, and automatic downloads are turned off or reduced.
- Go to Settings->Battery.
- Turn on “Low Power Mode”.
Solution 5: Hard Reset/Force Restart
- Press Volume Up button and quickly release it. And then Press Volume Down button and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the Side button (Wake/Sleep) button until the Apple logo appears.
Note: Don’t press Volume Up and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
Solution 6: Turn off “Location Services”
- Launch Settings->Privacy->Location Services.
- Toggle off “Location Services”.
SEE ALSO: Visual voicemail not working on iPhone x
- Make sure that you have upgraded your iPhone X to the latest version of iOS.
- Take off the case while charging.
- Reduce the Brightness level.
- Check Apple warranty status. If your iPhone covers warranty, take it to the Apple Service Center.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.