Many iPhone users have been complaining that they couldn’t transfer videos from iPhone to Mac or PC. While doing transfer the video they got this error “A device attached to the system is not functioning”. This error happens only when they transfer the video from iPhone to Mac. It was one of the main problems in iPhone. In this article, I am going to tell you some solution to fix this problem. It will help you to transfer the videos or photos from your iPhone to Mac without any errors.
Solution 1: Set Keep Originals
- Go to Settings -> Photos.
- Under TRANSFER TO MAC OR PC, select Keep Originals.
- Now, your problem will be solved and transfer the video from your iPhone to Mac.
Solution 2: Unplug the USB Cable and Replug it
When this problem occurs, you have to unplug the cable first. Then Restart both your iPhone and Mac. After restarting, Plug the cable to the Mac. Now, try to transfer the video.
Restart iPhone X:
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
- Press the power button until a pop-up box appears and click the Restart button.
- Another way to restart your Mac is to click Apple logo and click Restart.
Solution 3: Update the OS
If your iPhone or Mac need an update, you just update it. Sometimes this problem happens because of old updated version. To check,
- Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- If an update available here, you just click “Download and Install”.
- Then follow the instruction to update.
- Go to Apple Menu -> Software Update.
- Click check for update and update the new version of macOS.
- Fixed: iPhone Email Not working on Mobile Data? Works on Only Wi-Fi
- Fixed: Speak Screen Not Functioning on iPhone X
- iPhone X Stuck on Apple Logo with Loading/Progress Bar? Here’s the fix
- iPhone X Proximity Sensor Always On? Here’s the Fix
Solution 4: Try Apple USB Cable
If this problem may be caused by the USB cable. So, you have to use a new one it must be an Apple brand. Then connect your iPhone to the Mac or PC and transfer the files.
Solution 5: Restore your iPhone
If the above solutions didn’t work for you, try to restore your device. Before restoring, backup your device because this action erases your phone’s data.
- Open iTunes on your PC or MAC. Make sure that iTunes is upgraded to latest version.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad via data (USB) cable to the Mac.
- Tap your iPhone icon when it shows on iTunes.
- Select the Summary tab and tap “Restore iPhone”.
- A new box will open to ask to confirm the action. Tap “Restore”.
- Then iTunes will restore your iPhone.
- When your phone restart, you can see a few options. You have to select “Set Up as New iPhone”.
Hope this article has solved your problem. If you have any doubt or idea regarding this article, tell us through your comments.