Is your iPhone X, 8 won’t turn off and won’t use any apps for a while? If so, then it’s the right place to fix the issue. And recently my friends also facing this same problem on iPhone 8. As you know, for every problem there is a solution. Here, I will explain how to fix the iPhone X or iPhone 8 that won’t turn off problem and additionally we see that won’t use any apps on iPhone.
Why My iPhone 8/X that Won’t turn off or Power Off the Screen
Since, if there is any software bug or else make sure that the power button is working properly on your iPhone. It may be a reason for the power-off issue on iPhone.
Method 1: Hard reset the iPhone
Hard reset the iPhone will quickly fix this issue on your iPhone. To do that,
Hard reset the iPhone 8 and later:
- Quickly press the Volume Up button.
- Quickly press the Volume Down button once.
- Then press and hold the side button(sleep/wake button) for at least 10 to 20 seconds until the logo appears on the screen.
Hard reset the iPhone 7, 7 plus:
- Long-press and hold the Power button and Volume down button at the same time for a few seconds.
- Then the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Hard reset the iPhone 6 and earlier:
- Press and hold the Home button and side button(sleep/wake button) at the same time.
- And you can see the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Method 2: Restart the iPhone or turn off the iPhone
To turn off your iPhone:
- Press and hold the sleep/wake button or power button for 10 to 20 seconds.
- And wait until the red slider appears on the screen.
- Once done, then slide it to turn off your iPhone.
- Now, your iPhone will be rebooted forcefully.
See also: My iPhone SE won’t turn on? Here’s how to fix it
Method 3: Don’t Charge your iPhone until the Battery Drains
Try this method, this will easily solve your problem on your iPhone.
- Leave your iPhone until the battery drains out completely.
- Once your battery is completely empty, your iPhone will be turned off automatically.
- Then check your iPhone turned off problem is solved on your iPhone.
Method 4: Turn Off the iPhone by using the Assistive touch
If your iPhone power button is not working and won’t turn off the iPhone, then try this method to turn off the iPhone by using assistive touch. To do that,
- First, turn on the Assistive touch on your iPhone Settings.
- For that, launch Settings and tap on Accessibility. Then click the Assistive touch option.
- Now you can see the Assistive touch menu in the middle of the screen like a light color circle or square. Tap on that.
- Then click the Device icon or option on the screen.
- And press and hold the Lock screen icon to turn of your iPhone. A slider will appear on the screen, drag to the slider to right. Now your iPhone turns off the screen.
- Update your apps to the latest version- it will help you to solve the freeze problem and won’t use the apps issue on iPhone.
Just try these solutions to fix the iPhone x, iPhone 8 won’t turn off the issue. If you know any other methods to fix it, then share with me through your comments. Thank you.