Suddenly iPhone volume slider disappeared. When users press – or + buttons, only volume icon appears and volume bar missing or grey texted. It won’t make any sound when I receive mail or messages or playing songs from Videos, iTunes, and apps
But iPhone external volume control is not on silent. Sometimes this issue happened when users upgrade the device OS or changing LCD screen.
When I call someone using speaker mode or headphone, volume bar reappears. After calling I lost volume bar again.
Solution 1: Clean the headphone jack and dock connector
A lot of iPhone users reported this method fixed their issue. Clean your iPhone headphone jack using Q-tip, isopropyl alcohol, toothpick or hair dryer.
Also, clean dock connector using an old toothbrush or WD-40 and clean charging socket using alcohol.
Solution 2: Use bank card to remove dust
Use your credit or debit card into the iPhone charging dock. Wiggle it every side a bit.
Solution 3: Turn on/off sound check
On your iPhone, navigate to Settings -> Music -> Sound check.
Turn it On and Off.
Solution 4: If you are using jailbroken iPhone
Install and launch iFile app and go to root/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ and delete “com.apple.iapd.plist” file.
Then restart your iPhone or iPad. This might fix your issue.
Solution 5: Connect your phone to ant dock charger or player
Connect your iPhone to any dock station type charger or player specially made for iPhone like iHome music player.
Play any music. Then unplug the dock station and check the issue.
- First, connect your iPhone to the charger.
- While charging, turn off your iPhone.
- Gently push charger cable.
- Then turn on your iPhone when the charger is connected.
- Press the area beside iPhone Home button to fix this issue.
- Double tap the Home (swipe from left side to right) and uncheck “sound mute” to off.
- Check the sound level in all apps.
- First, play the music on your iPhone. Then insert and remove head jack simultaneously. Then restart iPhone.
- Launch wechat app and navigate to shake. Shake your iPhone.
- Restart iPhone: Press and hold the sleep/wake button and Home button together until Apple logo appears.
- Reset all settings.
If you knew any other solution to solve “iPhone and iPad volume control not showing” issue, inform via comment.