At times we people play with our computer just for fun like so we hit some buttons accidentally. Here we are talking about changing the settings to “Don’t trust”. So the computer stops connecting with our iPhone or iPad. Even we try something to make it sync but everything fails. We have given some essential and simple steps to change the settings to normal.
What do you mean by trust settings on iPhone
Once you connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to a computer, a warning signal appears whether you trust the computer:
- These computers are sync with your iOS device, create backups, contacts etc.
- If you choose not to trust a computer, block the content without accessing.
Method 1: Disconnect and re-connect the iOS device
- initially, try to disconnect the device from the USB port of Computer.
- Wait for 5-10 seconds, and try to reconnect it again.
- Click on Trust.
Note: Use a USB/lightning cable, not to bring the trust dialog box again.
Method 2: Trust Computer using iTunes
Turn off the device. Open iTunes on Computer. Connect your device with PC. Answer the questions and now device access iTunes. Turn on the device. It will trust your Computer.
Method 3: Simple method to trust computer
- Go to Start -> Devices.
- Below “Unspecific Devices” select apple driver.
- Right click and go to properties -> Hardware -> Double click the driver -> Delete Driver.
If you don’t want to trust the computer, change the privacy settings on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
How to change the privacy settings
Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Location & Privacy.
If the issues still persist, follow the steps below:
- Check whether that your PC contains the latest version of iTunes.
- Restart your iOS device on PC.
- Reset your Trust settings.
If nothing works, Reset your Network Settings by going to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.
Whenever you still need help, contact Apple Support.
Hope, this post helps to trust your computer.