Many Users had reported a problem that, the Speaker on their iPhone doesn’t work fine after upgrading iOS 12. I too had experienced this same issue before 1 month. Whenever I try to make/receive a call, I couldn’t hear any sound. I was a bit confused about this issue. Then somehow I had fixed this “iPhone Speaker Not Working during Calls” issue with the help of tricks suggested by my friend Wilson. Here, I gonna share those tricks with you so that you can also get rid of this serious issue easily.
Fix 1: Forget This Device
- Open Settings -> Bluetooth
- Click “i” icon next to connected device name.
- Tap “Forget this Device”.
- Then again reconnect your device and give a try.
Fix 2: Clean your Microphone
- Make sure that the Microphone/lightning port on your device is not covered with any debris or dirt.
- If there is any, then just clean it out with a gentle brush smoothly.
Fix 3: Remove your iPhone Case
Sometimes, the case of your iPhone may block the rear microphone so that the sound quality of your device will be poorer. What you have to do is… just remove the iPhone case cover and check whether that your microphone is not damaged.
Fix 4: Restart your device
- Firstly, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the slider appears.
- Slide to power off and then wait for a few seconds.
- Again, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see an Apple Logo to restart it.
Fix 5: Check for Software Update
Make sure that you are using the latest version of iOS on your device
- Go to Settings ->General -> Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install” if an update is available.
Fix 6: Reset All Settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter passcode if required and then tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
Note: When you Reset All Settings, your iPhone will remove all Bluetooth pairing details, saved Wi-Fi Networks & passwords, and APN & VPN settings.
Fix 7 : Factory Reset
- Open Settings->General->Reset.
- Select “Erase All Contents and Settings”. Enter passcode if it is required.
- Then you will be asked to enter Apple ID password. Enter it. The reset process will take 1 or 2 minutes.
- Now turn on your device.
- You can see the Apps & Data screen with four options. Tap “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Sign in to iCloud. To do that you have to enter Apple ID & Password. Then tap “Next” at the right upper corner of the screen.
- Then tap “Agree” to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- The latest list of Backup for your iPhone will appear. Tap it. Restore will start.
Note: This process will remove all your data from your device. Therefore, it is advisable to take backup of all your data.
Fix 8: Turn Off Noise Cancellation.
- Launch Settings ->General ->Accessibility.
- Scroll down to see Phone Noise Cancellation under “Hearing”.
- Turn off Phone Noise Cancellation.
Fix 9: Reset Network Settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings” under Reset.
- Enter passcode if required and tap “Reset Network Settings” to confirm the action.
Note: This action will delete all WiFi passwords, APN and VPN settings of the iPhone.
Fix 10: Contact Apple Support
If your device is under any Warranty Status, then you can Contact Apple Support for further Repair or Replacement.
Hope any one of the above fixes will be helpful to you… If you find this article as useful or if you know any other solution to fix this issue then kindly share your experience with me through your comments below. Thank You…