I had an issue with sound distorted when using Facetime on the iPhone and I tried many other solutions like an external microphone but it doesn’t work properly. Then I tried a few tricks which really helps to solve my issue. Many of the iPhone users also having this issue right? If you searching for a solution this article will help you. I had listed a few tricks in this article. Hope those tricks will useful to you.
Solution 1: Restore your phone in DFU/ Recovery Mode
- Connect your iPhone via Lightning (USB) cable to the Mac or PC.
- Open iTunes on your PC or MAC.
- Make sure that iTunes is upgraded to the latest version.
- Press Volume Up button and quickly release it.
- And then Press Volume Down button and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the Slide button (Wake/Sleep button).
- Don’t leave it after seeing the Apple logo appears.
- Keep holding until the recovery mode screen appears.
- A box will open with three option. Choose “Restore” or “Update”.
- Wait until the process is finished.
- Then restart your device force.
Solution 2: Restart your Device
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the slide to power off screen appears.
- Drag the slider to turn off your device.
- Again press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see an Apple Logo.
Solution 3: Force Quit All Apps
- Double click “Home Button”.
- Here you can see all closed apps.
- Then swipe the app to close.
Solution 4: Check your Internet Connection
If you are using Wifi,
- Make sure that your WiFi connection is good and speed.
- Turn off Wi-Fi.
- Restart your device.
- Turn on WiFi and install iOS 12.
If you are using Cellular Data,
- Make sure that the internet connection is good and speed.
- Turn Off Cellular Data.
- Restart your device.
- Turn On Cellular Data.
Solution 5: Factory Reset
- Launch Settings.
- Scroll down to see General and then tap it.
- Tap Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Now the pop-up box will appear with 3 options. If you want to Backup your device then tap Back Up Then Erase.
- If you have already taken a Backup then tap Erase Now.
- Wait until the process gets finished.
Note: This fix will remove all data from your device. Therefore, it is advisable to take a backup.
Hope the above solutions will be useful for you. If you have any doubt regarding this article, please share us via comments. Thank You.