Some of iPhone users have reported a problem that, their iPhone doesn’t charge after Screen Replacement. They also have said that their device doesn’t work fine. It seems to be a frustrating issue for you right…? If yes, then am here to share some tricks with you so that you can fix this “iPhone not Charging/Working after Screen Replacement” issue.
Fix 1: Factory Reset
- Launch” Settings”.
- Scroll down to see “General” and then tap it.
- Again scroll down to see”Reset” and then tap it.
- Tap “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Now the pop-up box will appear with 3 options.
- If you want to Backup your device then tap “Back Up Then Erase”.
- If you have already taken a Backup then tap“Erase Now”.
- Wait until the process gets finished.
Note: This fix will remove all date from your device. Therefore, it is advisable to take a backup.
Fix 2: Turn on Assistive Touch
- Launch Settings> General> Accessibility .
- Tap “Assistive Touch” and then turn it on.
Fix 3: Check for quality cables
- Basically, in iPhones, the cables will be connected to Home Button. Therefore, the cables should be in high-quality and such cables are used for sending signals.
- While using low-cost cables it doesn’t support for sending required signals.
Fix 4: Check for Cable Connection (Apple Store -Repair/Replacement)
- Turn off your iPhone and open the screen of it.
- Now Unplug the screen cables.
- Change your cable carefully without misconnections.
- After removing, then check whether all cables are connected to your device.
- If not, then connect the cable with the help of an Apple Authorised Users.
Fix 5: Use quality screen
Make sure that you are using the high-quality certified screen for your device.
Fix 6: Check for u2 IC Charging chip.
If your device is not charging after screen replacement,
- Check whether your u2 IC chip is damaged or not.
- If it damaged, it will affect your LCD replacements and will make a charge issue with backlight.
- Therefore, make sure that the chip is not damaged on your iPhone.
Fix 7: check for Dock Flex Cable.
- In iPhone Flex Cable should be original.
- If any damage occurs it affects the whole system of your iPhone.
- So open your device carefully and then check Dock Flex Cable is connected or not by an authorized user because it is quite a difficult process.
Fix 8: Check for Charging port
Check whether there is any dust or debris is found on your Lightning/Charging Port. If there is any, just clean it out with a gentle brush smoothly.
Fix 9: Change the Cables
Make sure that the Cable(home button and 3D touch share a single cable) on your iPhone are not damaged. If there is any, you must replace the backlights.
If you want to change Cables by yourself ? follow this steps
- Open the back panel of your iPhone.
- Using “Heat gun and Adhesive” give a small amount of heat. Around top and sides of your device carefully.
- With a help of a card or other stiff separate the backlight from the case and LCD screen.
- Finally, replace the backlight.
Fix 10: Contact Apple Support
If your device is under any Warranty Status Contact Apple Support for further repair or replacement
Hope the above fixes will be useful for you. If you have any doubt regarding this article please share us via comments. Thank You..