Every update of iOS has many drawbacks. Likewise, iOS 12 also have some issues. One of the important issue is iPhone Not charging after iOS 12 update. Here I am going to tell you the solutions to fix this issue.
Solution 1: Check charging issues
- Make sure that you are using the charger that came with your iPhone. Don’t use third-party USB power adapters and cables.
- Change the socket because the problem may be in the socket. So try different outlets.
- If you are using the wireless charger, try the charging cable.
- Connect your iPhone to PC/Computer and check whether it is charging or not.
- Turn off your iPhone and then charge.
Solution 2: Force Restart
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and Hold the Home Button and Volume Down Button simultaneously until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 7 and & Plus
Press and Hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button simultaneously until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XS Max, and XR
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 3: Enable AirPlane Mode
- Open Settings.
- Turn on Airplane Mode.
- Connect your iPhone to a power source. Now check whether your iPhone is charging or not.
Solution 4: Clean the Charging Port
- Make sure that nothing is stuck in the charging port.
- Clean the charging port with a toothpick and then charge your iPhone.
- Clean the charging port with a small, clean, soft-bristled brush. It will remove if there is any debris or dust in the charging port.
Solution 5: Check for Software Update
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi.
- Launch Settings->General->Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install” if update is available.
Solution 6: Factory Reset
Before doing it back up your iPhone. Because this action will erase all data from your device.
How to back up iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR?
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi/Cellular Data.
- Open Settings.
- Tap your Apple ID banner.
- Tap “iCloud”.
- Scroll down to find “iCloud Backup” and tap it.
- Enable “iCloud Backup”.
- Tap “Back Up Now”. Wait until the process is finished.
How to Factory Reset iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR?
- Open Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Enter your Passcode if required.
- Tap “Erase iPhone” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Erase iPhone” to confirm.
- Wait until your iPhone restarts and then set up your iPhone as new.
- Downgrade your iPhone from iOS 12 to iOS 11.
- Try different chargers.
If you Know any Other Solutions to fix iPhone charging issues after iOS 12 update, let us know through your comments.