iPhone/iPad Mail app crashing on iOS 12…? Every update of iOS creates many issues. Likewise, iOS 12 also has some issues. One of the important issue is iPhone mail app crashing on iOS 12. Here I am going to tell you the solutions to fix this issue.
Solution 1: Force close Mail app
iPhone 5, 6, 7, and 8
- Press the Home Button twice. You can see the recently closed apps.
- Swipe all the apps up to close them including the Mail app.
- Swipe the screen up from the Home screen. You can see the recently closed apps.
- Press and hold the app firmly. Tap ‘-’ symbol in the red circle at the left upper corner of the app (OR) after seeing ‘-’ symbol in the red circle, swipe all the apps up to close them.
After force closing apps, restart your iPhone/iPad. Then launch Mail app and check whether it works well or not.
Solution 2: Force Restart
iPhone 6, 6s, 6 Plus, and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 3: Check for Software Update
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi or Cellular Data.
- Open Settings->General->Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install” if update is available.
Solution 4: Delete & re-add your Email account
- Launch Settings->Accounts & Passwords->Gmail.
- Click “Delete Account”.
- Tap “Delete from My iPhone” in the pop-up box to confirm.
- Then add your Email account
Solution 5: Uninstall and reinstall Mail app
- Delete the Mail App.
- Then download it from the App Store.
Solution 6: Reset All Settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your passcode and restrictions passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Again tap “Reset all Settings” to confirm.
Note: This action will reset all Wi-Fi Networks & Passwords, APN & VPN Settings, and Cellular Settings of your iPhone.
Solution 7: Contact the App Developer
- Go to App Store.
- Search for the app(Mail) that crashes and tap it.
- Tap “App Support” under Ratings & Reviews.
Solution 8: Restore your phone on Recovery/DFU Mode
- Before doing it, back up your iPhone. Because this action may erase all data from your device.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac/Computer via Lightning (USB) cable.
- Open iTunes on PC/Computer.
- Make sure that iTunes is updated to the latest version.
- Then Force Restart your iPhone (follow the steps from Solution 2).
- Don’t leave Buttons after seeing the Apple Logo. Keep holding it until Recovery Mode screen (iTunes screen) appears.
- Select “Restore” in the pop-up box. Wait until the process is finished.
- Then Force Restart your iPhone.
If you know any other solutions to fix Mail app keeps crashing on iOS 12, let us know through your comments.