After updating iTunes app, iPhone or iPad stopped connecting to computer and iTunes.
Solution 1 : Update the iPhone/iPad driver
- On your Windows 10 computer, navigate to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers -> Unspecified (Find the apple mobile device USB driver).
- Right click it and choose Properties.
- Select the Hardware tab. Then select the Properties on the lower left hand button.
- Under the Driver tab menu, select update the driver.
- If Update driver button is grayed out, select and choose “Change Settings” button. Available near lower left corner. Now go back to the Update driver button and click the button.
- Choose “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Windows 64 driver folder located at : C:Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device SupportDrivers
- Click Next and allow the driver to re-install.
Now your iPhone will connect to iTunes.
If you are older versions of Windows,
- Navigate to Device Manager.
- Under other devices, you can see your iPhone under recovery mode.
- Right click and choose Properties.
- Select the Driver tab and click Update driver.
Solution 2: Reboot both your Computer and iOS devices
Restart your Windows or Mac computer and your iOS device like iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Then try to connect.
SEE ALSO : Fixed : iPad Won’t Connect to Wireless Network
Solution 3: Try to use different USB cable and computer USB port
Sometime s this issue happened because of the fault cable or damaged computer USB port. So try to use different one.
If you knew any other solutions to solve ” iPhone/iPad won’t connect to iTunes or Computer” problem, inform us via comment.