A lot of iOS users reported this issue. Suddenly iPhone and iPad contacts search not working. This issue mostly happened after new iOS update.
Solution 1: In iPhone, Select the Contacts -> Groups
- On your iPhone, go to Contacts.
- Select the Groups and click Done.
Solution 2: Create a group on icloud.com
- On your computer, open web browser like Google chrome.
- Navigate to icloud.com
- Login into your account.
- Select Contacts.
- Create a group.
- Now on your iPhone, try to search the contacts again.
Solution 3: Turn on iCloud contacts
On your iPhone , go to Settings -> iCloud -> Contacts. Turn it on.
Other Solutions :-
- Reset iPhone : Press and hold the Sleep button and Home button together until your iPhone restarts.
- Reset All Settings : Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings.
- First, navigate to Settings -> iCloud and sync all contacts in iCloud. Then turn off iCloud sync and delete all contact from your iPhone when prompted. Restart your phone and try to resynchronize the contacts with iCloud. Once it fully downloads whole contacts, you can able to search again.
- Sometimes this issue happened because you have multiple contact accounts on iPhone. On your iPhone, launch Contacts app. Tap groups and tap “Show All Contacts”.
If you knew any other solutions to fix “iPhone contacts search not working problem”, inform us via comment.