When iPhone or iPad users try to retrieve new mails they getting error message like “Cannot Get Mail The connection to the server failed”.
Move all your message from inbox to temporary folder or different folder.
Most of the users said this method solved their issue.
Are you changing your mail password via desktop. This issue might happened because of this thing.
In your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendar -> Account ->Password.
Choose Password and enter new password. After you login in your it might update password and retrieve new email updates.
If this method not working, try 3 or 4 times.
Change the Microsoft exchange security settings.
- Open Active Directory Users and computer
- On the top menu choose View > Advanced Features.
- Find and right click the mail account and choose Properties.
- Choose Security tab. Then choose Advanced.
- Select the check box ““Include inheritable permissions from this object’s parent”.
Change the password for Microsoft exchange email account.
- Reset network settings using Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.
- Delete the email account and recreate it.
- Enable and disable “Airplane” mode in settings.
- Change the “Mail Days to Sync” field to “No Limit”.