Many Apple users have a complaint that their iPhone text messages disappear from inbox. As you all know, most of the people keep old messages as treasures. Here I am going to tell you why your iPhone deletes messages by itself and how to stop your iPhone from deleting old messages by itself.
Why is My iPhone Deleting Messages by Itself?
First, you have to know one thing that is it is not an issue. When you enable auto delete old messages that came before particular days, your iPhone will automatically delete old messages. So disable auto delete old messages to keeps all messages forever on your iPhone.
How to Turn Off Auto Delete Old Conversations on iPhone?
- Open Settings->Messages->Keep Messages.
- Select “Forever”.
What to do if iPhone deletes old messages after turning off auto delete old conversations?
Solution 1: Check for Software Update
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi.
- Open Settings->General->Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install” if update is available.
Solution 2: Reset All Settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your passcode and restrictions passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Note: Reset All Settings will remove all Bluetooth pairing details, saved Wi-Fi Networks & Passwords, and APN & VPN Settings.
Solution 3: Factory Reset
Before doing it back up your iPhone. Because this action will erase all data from your device.
To back up your iPhone,
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi/Cellular Data.
- Open Settings.
- Tap your Apple ID banner.
- Tap “iCloud”.
- Scroll down to find “iCloud Backup” and tap it.
- Enable “iCloud Backup”.
- Tap “Back Up Now”. Wait until the process is finished.
To Factory Reset your iPhone,
- Open Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Enter your Passcode if required.
- Tap “Erase iPhone” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Erase iPhone” to confirm.
- Wait until your iPhone restarts and then set up your iPhone as new.
If you know any ways to turn off auto delete messages on iPhone, let us know through your comments.
How to recover deleted text messages/iMessages?
- You can recover deleted messages from iCloud backup.
- If you are using the same Apple ID on your Mac or other iOS devices, you can also see those deleted messages on it.
- You can also use some third party software to recover deleted messages.
If you know any other Solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.