After the iOS 10 update, a message came saying that “Cannot verify the server identity”. I can’t browse or watch YouTube videos and also can’t load Gmail account. Google+ and YouTube keeps loading but no use.
Issues from this update:
- Certificate becomes outdated, so can’t browse any websites.
- The Same error message appears while opening Email also.
- Can’t use website related applications.
Solution 1: The calendar date was wrong
The date mentioned on the phone was wrong. Change the date and it may solve the issue.
- Navigate to Settings ->General -> Date and Time.
- Turn ON Set Automatically.
Solution 2: Change the WiFi settings
- Go to Settings -> WiFi.
- Turn OFF and ON the WiFi after few seconds.
Solution 3: Reset your phone
- Navigate to Settings->General->Reset->Reset all settings.
- This worked for some users.
Solution 4: Delete the Server
- Delete the Email account.
- Go to Settings->Mail->Select the account.
- Click on Outgoing Mail Server.
- Select the account that you have deleted 1st after going to Outgoing Mail Server.
- Delete the Server.
- Re-Add the Email account.
Solution 5: Uncheck SSL in incoming settings
- Go to Settings-> Mail->Accounts-> Click the problem account.
- Then go to Advanced and the Turn-OFF Use SSL in income settings.
Here given some solutions to solve your problem. If you have some other suggestions please leave in the comment box.