Wi-Fi issue is one of the important problems on iPhone 8 Plus. Wi-Fi issues are common on iOS devices. Here I am going to tell you the solutions to fix those issues. If you have the same problem, this article will help you to solve this issue.
Common iPhone 8 Plus WiFi problems and issues:
- iPhone 8 WiFi slow
- iPhone 8 Plus won’t connect to WiFi
- iPhone 8 Plus WiFi dropping/keeps disconnecting from WiFi
- iPhone 8 Plus not detecting WiFi
Solutions for iPhone 8 Plus WiFi problems and issues
Before trying these solutions,
Connect your iPhone to different networks. Because it may be a network issue.
Solution 1: Restart your iPhone
- Press and hold the Side Button (Sleep/Wake) until slide to power off screen appears.
- Drag the slider to turn off your device.
- To turn on your device, press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 2: Force Restart
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 3: Check for Software Update
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi or Cellular Data.
- Go to Settings->General->Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install” if update is available.
Solution 4: Check Wi-Fi speed
- Make sure that your Wi-Fi speed is good.
- Make sure that you are within a range. If you far away from Wi-Fi Router/Hotspot, you can’t receive a connect properly.
Solution 5: Turn off Wi-Fi Networking
Turn off Wi-Fi Networking will increase the speed of Wi-Fi on iOS devices.
- Launch Settings->Privacy->Location Services.
- Tap “System Services”.
- Scroll down to find “Wi-Fi Networking” and turn it off.
Solution 6: Forget Wi-Fi Network and Rejoin
- Go to Settings->Wi-Fi.
- Tap (i) info symbol next to the connected Wi-Fi network.
- Tap “Forget This Network”.
- Tap “Forget This Network” in the pop-up box to confirm.
- Then rejoin to the same network or any other Wi-Fi networks.
Solution 7: Refresh Wi-Fi Assist
Many iphone users said the refreshing “Wi-Fi Assist” solved their Wi-Fi issues.
- Launch Settings->Cellular.
- Scroll down to find “Wi-Fi Assist” and turn it off.
- Wait for few seconds and then turn it on.
Solution 8: Set DNS to Manual
- Go to Settings->Wi-Fi.
- Tap (i) info symbol near to the connected Wi-Fi network.
- Tap “Configure DNS”.
- Select “Manual”.
- Tap “Add Server”.
- Enter the Googl’s free DNS number 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124.
- Tap “Save” at the upper-right corner of the screen.
Solution 9: Power cycle (restart) the router or Hotspot
If you are using wireless router,
- Disconnect the router from the power.
- To do it unplug the power cord from the back of the router. Wait for some time.
- Then plug the power cord into the router.
If you are using wireless hotspot,
- Turn off the hotspot. Wait for 30 seconds.
- Then turn it on.
Solution 10: Check connected Wi-Fi Network issues
- Go to Settings–>Wi-Fi. Make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on and you can see connected Wi-Fi network name.
- If there is any problem with connected Wi-Fi network, you can see the alert like ”No Internet Connection” under the Wi-Fi network name. So try another network and check the Wi-Fi Speed.
Solution 11: Reset Network settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Enter the Passcode.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings” in the pop-up box.
Note: This action will reset all Wi-Fi Networks & Passwords, APN & VPN Settings, and Cellular Settings of your iPhone.
- Factory Reset/Restore.
- Check Apple warranty status. If your iPhone covers warranty, take it to the Apple Service Center.
- Make an Apple genius bar appointment.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your Commands.