I am an iPhone User. Recently I had stucked into a problem that I am getting a distorted sound out of a speaker. Because of this serious issue, I had missed my important official calls and even I couldn’t hear the sound of the person from the other end. Somehow, I had fixed this issue with the help of tricks suggested by my friend Jerrick. Here, I gonna share those tricks with you so that you can make use of it to fix the Sound Distortion issue on your device.
Fix 1: Restart your device
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the slider appears.
- Now you can slide to power off -> Wait for few seconds.
- Again press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see an Apple Logo to restart it.
Fix 2: Update iOS
Updating to new software helps you fix many issues like this.
Launch Settings -> General -> Software Update -> Download and InstalL
Fix 3: Turn Off Bluetooth
Go to Settings-> Bluetooth and then turn it off.
Fix 4: Remove your iPhone Case
Sometimes the case of your iPhone may block the rear microphone so that the sound quality of your device will be poorer.
- Remove the iPhone case cover
- And then make sure that your microphone is not damaged.
See also: iPhone 8 Plus Crackling Sound Problems
Fix 5: Clean the Debris
- Make sure that the Microphone/lightning port on your device is not covered with any debris or dirt.
- If there is any, then just clean it out with a gentle brush smoothly.
Fix 6: Reset All Settings
Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> “Reset All Settings”.
Note: Resetting all settings doesn’t remove any data but it will change the settings back to default.
Fix 7: Factory Reset
- Go to Settings ->General -> Reset
- Tap “Erase All Content and Settings” and then confirm an action.
Note: It is advisable to backup all your data before doing this fix.
- Make sure that the Ringer switch on your device is not set to mute or silent.
- Make sure that the Do Not Disturb feature on your device is turned Off.
- If your device is under Warranty Status, then contact Apple Store for further help.
- Check the volume level of your iPhone Settings.
Hope any one of the above fixes will help you to fix this issue. If yes, then share your experience with me and mention which fix has solved your issue through your comments below. Thank you…