Many Apple users have a question that “How to get notifications on iPhone?”. Some people said that their iPhone 8 and 8 Plus not getting notifications. Here I am going to tell you the solutions to fix this issue.
Solution 1: Enable Notifications
- Launch Settings->Notifications->Show Previews.
- There you can see three options: Always, When Unlocked, and Never.
- Select “Always”.
Note: If you select “Always”, you can see the notification previews whether iPhone is locked or unlocked. If you select “When Unlocked”, you can see the notification previews only when iPhone is unlocked. If you select “Never”, your iPhone will never show notification previews.
Solution 2: Check Notifications for apps
Try this solution when your phone is not showing the notifications for particular app.
- Open Settings->Notifications.
- Select the app which is not showing the notifications. If you are not receiving notifications from Mail app, tap “Mail”.
- Enable “Allow Notifications”.
- Your phone still doesn’t show the notifications, turn on “Show on Lock Screen” and “Show as Banners” which are on the same page under “Allow notifications”.
- Select ”Persistent” under “Show as Banners” to show the notifications.
- Likewise, check for each app.
Solution 3: Check Apple Watch
If your iPhone is paired with your Apple Watch, notification will go the Apple Watch when the phone is locked. So make sure that notifications are not going to Apple Watch.
Solution 4: Turn off Bluetooth
One of the iPhone users said that turning off Bluetooth worked for him.
- Open Settings->Bluetooth.
- Make sure that Bluetooth is turned off.
Note: You can also do it through Control Center.
Solution 5: Disable “Do Not Disturb”
- Open Settings->Do Not Disturb.
- Make sure that “Do Not Disturb” is turned off.
Solution 6: Check for Software Update
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi or Cellular Data.
- Go to Settings->General->Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install” if update is available.
Solution 7: Reset All settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
Note: When you Reset All Settings, your device will remove all Bluetooth pairing details, saved Wi-Fi Networks & Passwords, and APN & VPN Settings.
SEE ALSO: iPhone X Notifications Not Working
- Factory Reset/Restore.
- Check Apple warranty status. If your iPhone covers warranty, take it to the Apple Service Center.
- Make an Apple genius bar appointment.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your Commands.