Many iPhone users have complained that microphone not working during FaceTime calls or Mic greyed out. I too had this problem after updated to iOS. When I was using FaceTime calls, I had tried to turn on the microphone but I couldn’t and sometimes mic icon greyed out. It was frustrating to me. Then I tried some solutions to fix this problem. Somehow, I have fixed this issue. In this article, I am going to tell you how to fix iPhone microphone not working during FaceTime calls. If you have this same issue, then this article will help you.
Solution 1: Force Restart your Phone
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Solution 2: Refresh FaceTime app
- Launch Settings -> FaceTime.
- Turn off FaceTime and wait for few seconds. Then turn it on back.
Solution 3: Select Allow Changes
- Launch “Settings” -> “Restrictions”.
- Tap “Microphone”.
- Select “Allow Changes”.
Solution 4: Reset All Settings
- Launch “Settings”->”General”->”Reset”.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your Restrictions Passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Solution 5: Restore your Device Using iTunes
Before you doing this, back up your device because it will erase all data on your Phone.
- Open iTunes on your PC or MAC. Make sure that iTunes is upgraded to latest version.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad via data (USB) cable to the Mac.
- Tap your iPhone icon when it shows on iTunes.
- Select the Summary tab and tap “Restore iPhone”.
- A new box will open to ask to confirm the action. Tap “Restore”.
- Then iTunes will restore your iPhone.
- When your phone restart, you can see a few options. You have to select “Set Up as New iPhone”.
Hope this article helps you to get rid of this problem. If you have this problem, tell us through your comments.