One of the newsreaders reported WiFi connection issue in iPad. “Wi-Fi Connected, but no Internet access. Tried several times to connect to the network but the issue occurs. I google it and found some solutions to resolve this issue.
Solution 1: Change the HTTP Proxy
Under the Wi-Fi Network Settings just changed the HTTP proxy from “Auto” to “Off” and it worked. Now you connect to the Internet and Google appear on iPad.
Solution 2: Re-enter password
- Go to Settings ->Wi-Fi.
- Click on the Wi-Fi network information.
- Click “Forget this network”.
- Re-enter your password.
Hope this works well.
Solution 3: Reset the network settings
It also might be a good idea to reset the network settings.
Steps to Reset the network settings in iPhone/iPad:
- Go to Settings.
- Choose General.
- Then go to Reset.
- Click on Reset network settings.
Once you reset your network settings, you will connect to your nearest Wi-Fi network. Go to your Wi-Fi settings and choose your network from the list.
SEE ALSO: Fixed: iPad Won’t Connect to Wireless Network
Solution 4: Access the internet using Safari
Following are the steps to access the Internet in Windows 7
- Connect iPhone to the computer using lighting to USB cable.
- Open iTunes.
- Turn on your personal hotspot.
- Click USB only.
- Check your open network sharing center and sees it says “No Internet access”.
- Open Safari on your iPhone and load some random websites.
- Now, check your open network sharing center and it says “Internet” next to access.
If you knew any other solutions about how to fix “iPad: Wi-Fi Connected, but no Internet access”, inform us using comment.