I am using iPad Pro with 9.7 inches. While I was using it, it kept rebooting itself automatically. Before returning to the passcode screen, I could see the Apple logo on the black screen. One of my friends suggested me to try some solution to solve this issue. Here I am going to share those solutions with you.
You can try these solutions when you have the same issue on iPhone. Rebooting a device will solve many issues on the iPad.
Fix 1: Reset/Restart iPad via settings
This process will erase all data (movies, contacts, music, etc) from your mobile. So Before doing it take a back up your iPad or iPhone.
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Select “Erase All Contents and Settings”. Enter passcode if it is required.
- Then you will be asked to enter Apple ID password. Enter it. The reset process will take 1 or 2 minutes.
Fix 2: Clean lightning port
Your lightning port may be filled with dust. So clean it with soft cotton cloth and buds.
Blow into the port heavily to remove dust.
Fix 3: Try Force Restart
- Press and hold the Home Button.
- At the same time, press and hold the Wake/Sleep (Power) button.
- Hold both buttons until the Apple logo appears.
Fix 4: Soft Restart
- Launch Settings->General.
- Find “Shut Down” and tap it. Now the iPad will turn off.
- Then turn on it.
- Some third-party app may cause this issue. So uninstall third-party apps.
- Make sure that you have updated your iPad to the latest version of iOS.
- Setting Date to December 1 will solve this issue.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.