When iPad users keep entering wrong password 6 times, they locked out and getting error message like ““iPad is disabled connect to iTunes”.
Fix 1: Try to back up your device
- Connect your iPad to computer using USB cable.
- Open iTunes and select your iPad from the upper right corner to display it properties.
- Click the Back Up now option to start a sync. It may prompt to type a password to start a sync (because your device is locked). Enter the password. After you entered the right password you can cancel the back up proces and start using your device.
Fix 2: Restore your iPad
- Connect your iPad to computer (Windows PC or Mac)
- Launch iTunes and select your iPad .
- Select the “Back Up Now” button.
- When prompted, restore your iPad using recent backup made.
After iPad and iTunes have reset, you can able to access it again.
Fix 3: If you didn’t have a backup or never synced to iTunes
- First disconnect the USB cable from iPad. But leave the USB cable other end to computer USB port.
- Press and hold Home button and Power button at the same time and wait for iPad to shut down.
- Keep pressing Home button and connect your iPad to computer. Now your device should turn on.
- Continue to hold the home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
- iTunes will alert you that it detected your iPad in recovery mode. Click OK and restore your device.
Other solutions :-
- Click “set up as a new device” and then cancel it immediately.
SEE ALSO: Apple support guide – Forgot passcode for your iPad or your device is disabled