Some iPhone Users had reported a problem that, they couldn’t update iOS 12. Instead, they get “Unable to install Update. An error occurred installing iOS 12” It seems to be a frustrating issue for you right…? Well, I am here to share some tricks with you so that you can solve this issue easily. Let’s check out…!
Before trying the fixes,
- Make sure that you have adequate Battery Percentage.
- Make sure that you have a good and speedy internet connection.
- Make sure that you have enough Storage on your iPhone because to install iOS, you need a big storage space on your device.
- Make sure that your device is compatible with iOS 12 because only certain devices have the compatibility with iOS 12.
Fix 1: Force Restart/ Hard Reset
Force restart/Hard Reset (till iPhone 6)
- Press and hold the Home Button.
- At the same time, Press and hold the Wake/Sleep (Power) button at top right of the iPhone while holding the Home Button.
- Hold both buttons until the screen goes black and wait until the Apple logo appears.
Force restart/Hard Reset ( iPhone 7)
- Press and hold the Wake/Sleep (Power) button at the right of the iPhone.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button on the left side while holding the Wake/Sleep button.
- Wait until the Apple logo appears.
Force restart/Hard Reset ( iPhone 8 and iPhone X)
- Press Volume Up button and then release it quickly.
- Press Volume Down button and then release it quickly.
- At last, press and hold the Side button (Wake/Sleep button) until the Apple logo appears.
Note: Don’t press Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time.
Fix 2: Reset Network Settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Enter the Passcode if required and tap “Reset Network Settings” in the pop-up box.
Note: This action will reset all Wi-Fi Networks & Passwords, APN & VPN Settings, and Cellular Settings of your iPhone.
Fix 3: Restart (Power Cycle) your Wi-Fi Router
If you are using the wireless router,
- Disconnect the router from the power.
- To do it unplug the power cord from the back of the router. Wait for some time.
- Then plug the power cord into the router.
If you are using wireless hotspot,
- Turn off the hotspot. Wait for 30 seconds.
- And turn on it.
Fix 4: Update iOS 12 via iTunes
- Firstly connect your iPhone to the PC via iTunes.
- Open iTunes and then select the device by tapping the device icon.
- When the iOS 12 Update is shown to you, tap “Update”.
- Click Agree to the various terms and conditions.
- Now the installation process will get started.
- Your iPhone will be rebooted when the installation gets completed.
Once you have finished installing iOS 12, you are ready to use the latest version of iOS on your device.
Fix 5: Upgrade with IPSW File
Before trying this fix, it is advisable to take backup of all your data.
- First, download the correct IPSW File.
- Next, launch iTunes and then connect your iPhone with Mac or Pc.
- In the Summary, you will see the “Restore iPhone” option.
- Then hold down the Shift Key and then tap “Restore iPhone”.
- Select the downloaded IPSW File.
- Now the iTunes Restore will install the iOS version on your iDevice.
- Finally, restore from the backup which you have created to get all your data back.
Fix 6: Remove iOS 12 Beta Profile
- Launch Settings->General->Profile.
- Tap iOS 12 Beta Software Profile.
- Click Remove Profile and then reboot your device.
- Again go back to Settings->General.
- Tap “Software Update” and then Download and Install iOS 12.
Fix 7: Check for internet connection
You cannot download or install iOS 12 with Mobile/Cellular Data. To install iOS 12, you need a good and speed Wi-Fi Connection.
- Shut down the Settings App from your iPhone.
- Refresh your iPhone/iPad.
- Check whether you are using the latest version of iOS Update on your device.
Hope any one of the above fixes will be helpful for you. If you find this article as useful or if you know any other solution to fix this error, then kindly share with us through your comments below. Thank You…