Many Apple users have a complaint that their iPhone screen not responding to touch. Some people said that this problem occurred after updating iOS 12. Here I am going to tell you the solutions to fix this issue.
Solution 1: Force Restart
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 2: Check screen issues
- Make sure that your finger is clean and dry. Clean your finger before touching the screen.
- Remove the case from your iPhone.
- Remove the screen protector (Tempered Glass/Scratch Cover) from your iPhone.
- Check if there is any liquid or oil on the screen of your iPhone. If it is so, clean your iPhone with a soft cloth.
Solution 3: Plug in your iPhone to power (If screen not responding)
- Connect your phone to a power source for up to an hour.
- Now you can see charging the screen.
- If you can’t see the charging screen, check the jack, power adapter, and USB cable. Make sure that there is no debris in to the jack and they are not damaged.
- Make sure that you are using the charger that came with your iPhone.
Solution 4: Restore your iPhone in DFU/Recovery Mode (If screen not responding)
Before doing it, back up your iPhone. Because this action may erase all data from your device.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac/Computer via Lightning (USB) cable.
- Open iTunes on PC/Computer.
- Make sure that iTunes is updated to the latest version.
- Then Force Restart your iPhone (follow all three steps from solution 1).
- Don’t leave the buttons after seeing the Apple Logo. Keep holding it until Recovery Mode screen (iTunes sreen) appears.
- Select “Update” in the pop-up box. Wait until the process is finished.
- Then Force Restart your iPhone.
Solution 5: Fix the issue with Tenorshare ReiBoot
- Download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot on Mac/Windows.
- Launch Tenorshare ReiBoot.
- Connect your iPhone to PC/Computer. It will automatically recognize your device.
- Tap “Fix All iOS Stuck”.
- Select “Screen Stuck” tab. Select the tab according to the issue.
- Tap “Fix Now”.
- Again tap “Fix Now” according to your iOS version.
- Click “Download” to download the firmware.
- After downloading firmware, tap “Start Repair”.
- After repairing, your iPhone will restart normally.
- Replace the screen.
- Check Apple warranty status. If your iPhone covers warranty, take it to the Apple Service Center.
- Make an Apple genius bar appointment.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your Commands.