I was using my iPhone in portrait orientation (vertically). When I changed it into landscape orientation (horizontally), the screen didn’t rotate (auto-rotate). Before this, it never happened to me. One of my friends guided me to solve this problem. If the screen won’t rotate on your iPhone, this post will help you to fix it.
Solution 1: Enable Screen Rotation in Control Centre
When you disable (turn off) Screen Rotation in Control Centre, the screen won’t rotate automatically.
- Swipe the screen up from the bottom of the phone to launch Control Centre. There you can see the Screen Rotation icon.
- Make sure that Screen Rotation is enabled (turned on).
Hard Reset Your iPhone
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Check whether Display Zoom is turned or not
If the Display Zoom is enabled, this problem will occur.
- Launch “Settings”.
- Select “Display & Brightness”.
- Tap “View”.
- Check whether Display Zoom is turned or not. If it is “Zoomed”, select “Standard”.
- Tap “Set”.
- You can see a pop-up message on your iPad. Tap “Use Standard”. Then your device will restart.
1.Go to “Settings” -> “General” -> “Reset”.
2. Tap “Erase All Contents and Settings”.
3. A pop-up box will appear with three options: Finishing Uploading Then Erase, Erase Now, and Cancel.
4.If you want to take a Backup, tap “Finishing Uploading Then Erase”.
5. If you have already taken a Backup, tap “Erase Now”.
Then restore your phone From iCloud and iTunes Backup.