Many Apple users have a complaint that iMessages out of order on iPhone/iPad iOS 12. They said that iMessages arriving in wrong order after iOS 12 update. Here I am going to tell you the solutions to fix this issue. If you have the same problem, this article will help you to fix it.
Fix 1: Set “Date & Time” to Automatic
- Launch Settings->General->Date & Time.
- Enable “Set Automatically”.
If it doesn’t work out,
- Turn off “Set Automatically”.
- Wait for 15-20 seconds and then turn it on.
- Turn on “24-Hour Time” too.
Fix 2: Refresh iMessages
- Open Settings->Messages.
- Turn off “iMessage”.
- Restart your iPhone/iPad.
- Then turn on “iMessage”.
Fix 3: Force Restart
iPhone 6, 6s, 6 Plus, and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Fix 4: Sign out of iMessages and then sign back in
If you sign out of iCloud, you will be automatically signed out of iMessage.
- Open Settings->Apple ID (your name).
- Scroll down to find “Sign Out” and tap it.
- Enter your Apple ID Password and then click “Turn Off”.
- Tap “Sign Out” at the right-upper corner of the screen.
- Again tap “Sign Out” in the pop-up box to confirm.
- Then restart your device.
- Sign back in to iCloud.
Fix 5: Force close apps
iPhone X, 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 plus, 6, & 5
- Press the Home Button twice. You can see recently closed apps.
- Swipe all the apps up including Music App to close them.
- Swipe the screen up from the Home screen. You can see recently closed apps.
- Press and hold the app firmly. Tap ‘-’ symbol in the red circle at the left upper corner of the app (OR) after seeing ‘-’ symbol in the red circle, swipe all the apps up to close them.
Fix 6: Check for Software Update
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi/Cellular Data.
- Go to Settings->General->Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install” if update available.
Fix 7: Check for Carrier Settings Update
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi or Cellular Data.
- Go to Settings->General->About.
- Tap “Update” in the pop-up box if update is available.
Fix 8: Reset All Settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your passcode and restrictions passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Note: This action will reset all Wi-Fi Networks & Passwords, APN & VPN Settings, and Cellular Settings of your iPhone.
If you know any other solutions to fix iMessages not in chronological order on iOS 12, let us know through your comments.