Many of iPhone users have been complaining that they get an iMessage “Waiting for Activation” error in iOS 12 on iPhone. It occurred during activation iMessage on iPhone. I know it is big problem when it comes. Somehow, I found a solution to fix this problem. Here I am going to tell you, how to fix iMessage “Waiting for Activation” in iOS 12 on iPhone.
Before you start to fix this error message, check these things.
- Ensure your number listed on phone app. You can see your number listed at the top of “Contacts”. If not, navigate to Settings -> Phone -> My Number and fill your number.
- Ensure Date & Time and Time Zone are correct. Under General, set the time settings to “Set Automatically”.
- Sometime WiFi connectivity issue may cause iMessage activation error. So check your network and WiFi.
Solution 1: Check and Contact phone carrier
Check if your carrier supports iMessage or not. Contact your mobile carrier support and verify conditions, filters etc.
Solution 2: Turn On and Turn Off Airplane Mode
- On your iPhone, launch “Settings”.
- Tap on “Airplane Mode” and then turn it as on.
- Wait for few seconds. Again go back to Settings.
- Turn Off Airplane Mode.
Solution 3: Sign out Apple ID and Sign back in
Sign Out of iCloud
- Launch Settings->Apple ID (your name).
- Tap “Sign Out”.
- Enter the Apple ID Password and then Tap “Turn Off”.
- Tap “Sign Out”.
- Again tap “Sign Out” in the pop-up box to confirm it.
Force Restart your Device
Sign Back into iCloud
- Launch Settings->Apple ID Banner.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password.
Solution 4: Reset Network settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Enter the Passcode if required and tap “Reset Network Settings” in the pop-up box.
Solution 5: Turn Off iMessage and Turn it On
- Launch “Settings” app.
- Tap on “Messages” -> turn off “iMessage”.
- Wait for few seconds and turn it on back. Then restart your iPhone.
Solution 6: Update iPhone’s Carrier Settings
Make sure that your Wi-Fi or Cellular Data is turned on.
- Launch “Settings” -> “General”.
- Click “About”. Here you can see an update available, you get an option to update it.
Solution 7: Update your iOS through iTunes
Above given solutions not work for you, you just restore your device via iTunes. This method may solve your problem. Before doing it, backup your iPhone. Because this action may erase all data from your device.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac/Computer via Lightning (USB) cable.
- Open iTunes on PC/Computer.
- Make sure that iTunes is updated to the latest version.
- Then Force Restart your iPhone
- Don’t leave Buttons after seeing the Apple Logo. Keep holding it until Recovery Mode screen (iTunes screen) appears.
- Select “Update” or “Restore” in the pop-up box. If you select “Update”, iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without deleting your data. Wait until the process is finished.
- Then Force Restart your iPhone.
Note: If it doesn’t work out, select “Restore” instead of “Update”.