iOS 12 download but won’t install…? Many Apple users have this issue on their iPhone/iPad. This issue is common on iOS devices. Here I am going to tell you the solutions for iOs 12 won’t install. If you have the same problem, this article will help you to fix it.
Solution 1: Check your internet connection
If you are using Wifi,
- Make sure that your Wi-Fi connection is good and speed.
- Turn off Wi-Fi.
- Restart your device.
- Turn on Wi-Fi and install iOS 12.
If you are using Cellular Data,
- Make sure that internet connection is good and speed enough to install iOS 12.
- Turn off Cellular Data.
- Restart your device.
- Turn on Cellular Data.
Solution 2: If “Install” greyed out,
- This problem may occur if the battery percentage is below 50. To connect your iPhone/iPad to a power source.
- Now install iOs 12 while charging (OR) wait until your iOS device is charged over 50% and then install iOS 12.
Note: If battery percentage is an issue, you can see “This update requires at least 50% battery or to be connected to a power source” under Install that greyed out.
Solution 3: Force Restart and then install
iPhone 6, 6s, 6 Plus, and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 4: Check the storage
- Make sure that your iPhone/iPad has enough space to install iOS 12. If your device doesn’t have enough space to install iOS 12, free up space.
- Delete unwanted apps and install iOS 12.
Solution 5: Turn on Wi-Fi Assist
When you turn on “Wi-Fi Assist”, your iPhone will automatically use Cellular Data when Wi-Fi connectivity is poor.
- Go to Settings->Cellular/Mobile Data->Wi-Fi Assist.
- Turn on Wi-Fi Assist.
Solution 6: Update your device with iTunes
First, delete the downloaded iOS 12 from your iPhone.
- Go to Settings->General->iPhone Storage.
- There you can see many apps including ios 12.
- Tap “iOS 12”.
- Tap “Delete Update”.
- Tap “Delete Update” in the pop-up menu to confirm.
Then update your iOS device via Mac.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to PC/Computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Make sure that iTunes is updated to the latest version of iTunes.
- Click your phone icon.
- Select Summary tab.
- Tap “Check for Update”.
- Tap “Download and Update”.
- Wait until the process is finished.
- Now your iPhone will restart. Don’t disconnect it from PC/Computer.
- Then click “Done”.
If you know any other solutions to fix iOS 12 won’t install, let us know through your comments.