My iPhone Cellular Data Keeps turning off after upgrade to iOS 12. It had happened to me many times. It suddenly turned off by itself when I was accessing cellular data. It was really frustrating. One of my friends told me some solutions to fix this problem. Then I tried those solutions and after that, there is no problem yet. Cellular data works normally. I am damn happy. Here’s I am going to tell you how to fix this issue “Cellular data keeps turning off automatically”. If you have this issue, this article will help you.
Fix 1: Hard Reset Your iPhone
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Fix 2: Select Don’t Allow Changes
- Launch “Settings”->“General” -> “Restriction”.
- Enter your iPhone passcode.
- Scroll down the page to find “Cellular Data” and click this option.
- Select “Don’t Allow Changes”.
Fix 3: Update Carrier Settings
- First, you have to connect your device to cellular data or Wi-Fi.
- Open “Settings” -> “General” -> “About”.
- Here, you can see an update, you just update it.
Fix 4: Reset Network Settings
- Launch “Settings”->“General”->“Reset”.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings” in the pop-up box.
This action will delete all Wi-Fi passwords, APN and VPN settings of the iPhone.
Fix 5: Restore your phone in DFU/Recovery Mode
Before doing it make sure that you took a Back Up. because this action will erase all data on your phone.
- Connect your iPhone X via Lightning (USB) cable to the Mac or PC.
- Open iTunes on your PC or MAC. Make sure that iTunes is upgraded to latest version.
- Press Volume Up button and quickly release it. And then Press Volume Down button and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the Side button (Wake/Sleep button).
- Don’t leave it after seeing Apple logo appears.
- Keep holding until the recovery mode screen appears. A box will open with three option. Choose “Restore” or “Update”. Wait until the process is finished.
- Then restart your device force.
Hope you that this article resolves your “Cellular Data keeps turning off automatically” problem. If you have any doubt or ideas, tell us through your comments.