Since upgrading to iOS 12, my CarPlay App worked fine but right after that, it is not working. It seems to be a frustrating issue for me then somehow I had fixed this issue with the help of tricks suggested by my friend Wilson. Here, I gonna share those tricks with you so that you can get rid of this issue easily.
Fix 1: Turn On Siri
- Launch Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down to see Siri & Search and then tap it.
- Turn On Siri & Search.
Fix 2: Restart your device and car
Sometimes restarting your iPhone and Car can fix this issue.
Fix 3: Turn Off Restrictions.
- Go to Settings -> General.
- Tap on Restrictions.
- Enter the Passcode and then find CarPlay.
- Turn Off Restrictions.
Fix 4: Use Compatible USB Cable
Make sure that you are using the Lightning (USB) Cable that came with your iPhone.
Fix 5: Check for Software Update
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi or Cellular data.
- Launch Settings->General->Software Update.
- If an update is available, tap “Download and Install”.
Fix 6: Force Restart/Hard Reset
- Press Volume Up button and release it. And then press Volume Down button and release it.
- At last, press and hold the Side Button (Wake/Sleep) until the Apple logo appears.
Note: Don’t press the Volume Up and Volume Down Button simultaneously.
Fix 7: Check for Car Manual
Check your Car’s manual for help. You might need to install firmware updates for your stereo. If so update the firmware to the latest version.
Fix 8: Contact Apple Support
Check whether your device is under any Warranty Status. If yes then you can Contact Apple Support for further repair or replacement.
Fix 9: Use Third-party Certified Cable
Try using a different certified third-party USB Cable and give a try.
Fix 10: Reset All Settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap Reset All Settings.
- Enter passcode if required and then tap Reset All Settings in the pop-up box.
Note: When you Reset All Settings, your iPhone will remove all Bluetooth pairing details, saved Wi-Fi Networks & passwords, and APN & VPN settings.
Fix 11: Reset to Factory Settings
- Open Settings->General->Reset.
- Select Erase All Contents and Settings. Enter passcode if it is required.
- Then you will be asked to enter Apple ID password. Enter it. The reset process will take 1 or 2 minutes.
- Now turn on your device.
- You can see the Apps & Data screen with four options. Tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Sign In to iCloud. To do that you have to enter Apple ID & Password. Then tap Next at the right upper corner of the screen.
- Then tap Agree to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- The latest list of Backup for your iPhone will appear. Tap it. Restore will start.
Note: This process will remove all your data from your device. Therefore, it is advisable to take backup of all your data.
- Make sure that the CarPlay app supports your iPhone.
- Downgrade your iOS
Hope any one of the above fixes will be helpful to you. If you find this article as useful then kindly share your experience with me through your comments below. Thank You…