Basically, Users will find “waiting” on their apps because of iOS operating system update and these problematic apps cannot be removed. Many Apple users have a complaint that their Apps are greyed out. You can easily get rid from this problem by using some solutions. Here I give some fixes to solve your problem quickly.
Fix 1: Force Restart iPhone
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Fix 2: Check your network connection
- Basically, bad network connection is the reason for apps greyed out.
- If you are using mobile data, then you connect high speed Wi-Fi connection for quick and effective performance of your apps.
Fix 3:Uninstall and Reinstall your app
- Press and hold the app until it jiggles.
- Tap on the delete symbol (X) that is at the upper left corner of the app.
- Then tap “Delete”.
- Reinstall the uninstalled app by downloading it on the app store.
Fix 4: Check iPhone storage
This problem may occur if your iPhone Storage is full. So check the storage and free up the space.
- Go to Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage.
- If your iPhone storage is full, free up the space.
Fix 5: Try Many Times or Downgrade iOS 12
- This greyed out or waiting problem sometime will not last for long. Users are used to try too many times to update or open the apps.
- If you want to use this apps immediately, you can Downgrade your Operating System to iOS 11.
Fix 6: Fix app stuck after iOS 12 update by Third Party Software
- Sometimes iOS App thumbnails grayed out because something get wrong with your iPhone like corruption, system damage. For that Tenorshare ReiBoot tool is designed for solving all kinds of iOS stuck issues.
- Connect to iOS device with Tenorshare ReiBoot, and click “Entry Recovery Mode”.
- Your iPhone will be in recovery mode in less than one minutes. And you will see iTunes logo and USB on the screen.
- After that, Click “Exit Recovery Mode” and your device will be restart.
These are the Fixes to greyed out of apps. Hope the above Fixes are helpful for your problem. If you like this article kindly share your opinion through your valuable comments below. Thank you…