Hey guys, Recently, many people asked me, how to install the latest macOS on the new External drive? I'm also don't know how to do that, then I'll search the internet, there are so many ways to upgrade Mac. After that, I found one easy way to install the macOS. You can also install the latest OS on the New Hard drive in your Mac. Okay now, let’s check it out.
Find Which OS is compatible with your Mac :
Before installing the latest OS of your Mac, first, find out which OS is compatible with your mac. So check it out first.
Format your External drive:
Format your hard drive before installing the macOS. For that, First, you have to connect your External drive to Mac by using the USB cable. Once you connect then follow the below steps.
- Open Disk Utility on your Mac.
- Next tap on the Hard drive that is listed in the sidebar.
- Once you select your drive select the Erase button from the top menu.
- Now rename your drive and from the Format option select macOS Extended (journaled).
- Then tap on the Erase option. That's it. Now close the Disk Utility window.
Install the Latest macOS on Hard Drive :
Once you format your hard drive. Then follow the below steps.
- Shut down your Mac by pressing the Power button and immediately press and hold the command + option + R keys simultaneously until you see the spinning global.
- After that, connect your mac with Wi-Fi which is stable and fast.
- For a little while, the Utilities window will be open, then click Reinstall the macOS.
- And read all the terms and conditions then give Agree option.
- Here, select the hard drive as a destination and then choose your Install.
- Now the latest macOS start downloading, It will take some time.
- Once you have completed the downloads click the Continue option and follow the onscreen instruction.
That’s it guys these are simple ways to install the latest macOS on your New External Hard drive. If you have any doubts or suggestions then let me know through the comments section below. Thank you and keep supporting iPhonetopics.com.