I have iPhone XS and I have used Wi-Fi for browsing. It worked well until yesterday. Today morning I got an issue that my iPhone says “Incorrect Password”. It was really frustrating to me. Somehow, I fixed this problem. In this article, I am going to tell you those solutions to solve this problem.
Solution 1: Restart your iPhone
- Press the power button and either volume up or down button until getting a slider.
- Drag the slider to turn off your device.
- To turn on your device, press and hold the power button until seeing an Apple logo.
Solution 2: Force Restart
- Press the Volume Up Button and quickly release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and quickly release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 3: Forget the Wi-Fi and Re-add
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap Wi-Fi and tap i (info) icon next to your Wi-Fi.
- Then tap “Forget this Network”.
- Tap “Forget” to confirm this process.
- Restart your device and re-add it.
Solution 4: Reset Network Settings
- Go to Settings -> General -> Reset.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Enter the Passcode if required and tap “Reset Network Settings” in the pop-up box.
Solution 5: Restart your Router or Modem
Turn off your Router or Modem and wait for few seconds. Then turn it on back.
Solution 6: Turn Off Wi-Fi Assist
- Go to Settings -> Mobile Data.
- Scroll down the page and turn off Wi-Fi Assist.
Solution 7: Turn Off Location Services for Wi-Fi Network
- Go to Settings -> Privacy.
- Tap “Location Services”.
Solution 8: Restore your Phone
If the above solutions didn’t work for you, try this.
- First, connect your iPhone to the Mac.
- Then open iTunes on your Mac.
- Click iPhone icon at the top.
- Now, click the Summary tab at left corner.
- A pop-up box will appear to confirm the action and tap Restore.
- Then iTunes will restore your iPhone.
- When your phone restarts, you can see a few options. You have to select “Set Up as New iPhone”.
- Make sure that you have entered the correct password for the Wi-Fi.
- Try another Wi-Fi network.
- If Bluetooth is on, turn off it.