Many iPhone users have a complaint that iPhone text messages are not in chronological order. One my friend asked how to change the order of text messages. Because text messages arriving in the wrong order on her iPhone after updating ios 11. If you have the same issue, this article will help you to fix it.
Solution 1: Change Date & Time to “Set Automatically”
- Go to Settings->General->Date & Time.
- There you can see the option “Set Automatically”.
- Then toggle on (turn on) Set Automatically.
Solution 2: Turn off/on iMessages
- Launch Settings->Messages->iMessage.
- Toggle off iMessage.
- Restart your phone.
- And then toggle on iMessage.
Solution 3: Enable “Setting Time Zone”
- Go to Settings->Privacy->Location Services->System Services.
- There you can see “Setting Time Zone” option. Turn on it.
Solution 4: Sign out of iMessage
- Launch Settings->Messages->Send & Receive.
- Click on Blue Apple ID.
- A pop-up box will appear with four options and then tap “Sign Out”.
- Restart your phone.
- Again sign back into iMessage.
Solution 5: Reset Factory Settings (Factory restore)
This process will erase all data from your mobile. So Before doing it take a back up your iPad or iPhone.
To take a back up,
- Launch Settings->iCloud.
- Make sure that “iCloud Backup” is on.
- And tap on “Back Up Now”.
You can also Restore your iPhone using iTunes.
After finishing this restore everything,
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Select “Erase All Contents and Settings”. Enter passcode if it is required.
- Then you will be asked to enter Apple ID password. Enter it. The reset process will take 1 or 2 minutes.
- Turn on your device.
- You can see the Apps & Data screen with four options. Tap “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Sign in to iCloud. To do that you have to enter Apple ID & Password. Then tap “Next” at the right upper corner of the screen.
- Then tap “Agree” to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Then the latest list of Backup for your iPhone will appear. Tap it. Restore will start.
- Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
- Turn off/on iCloud library.
If you know any other solutions to fix iOS 11 text message issues, let us know through your comments.