Many iPhone users getting an issue that iMessage text box disappears/missing on their iPhone since iOS 11.3. Even they can’t reply text to anyone. I have also had this no text box in iMessage issue on my iPhone. When I was trying to click text box for type the text, It couldn’t open. It was really frustrating to me. I had tried some solution to fix this problem and finally, I got the solution. After tries, there is no issue on my iPhone. Now, iMessage text box appears properly. In this article, I am going to tell you some solution to fix this problem. If you have the same issue, this article will help you.
Fix 1: Force Close the App
First, close the Message app. Then double tap the Home button to force close the iMessage app. Again open the iMessage check whether it’s working or not. Do this at least 4 or 5 times.
Fix 2: Restart your iPhone
iPhone 8 and Earlier
- Press and hold the “Power button” until you get a slider.
- To turn off your device, drag the “Slider”.
- After few seconds, again press and hold the “Power button” until you get an Apple logo.
- Press and hold the “Side button” until you get a slider.
- To turn off your device, drag the slider.
- Another way to restart your iPhone X is open “Settings”.
- Tap “General”.
- Tap “Shut Down”. Then wait 10 to 15 seconds. After that click “Side” button to turn on your iPhone.
1. Fix: iMessage sent from Email address rather than a Phone number
2.How To Fix iMessage Arriving In Wrong Order
Fix 3: Reset Network Settings
- Open “Settings”.
- Click “General” -> click “Reset” -> click “Reset Network Settings”.
Fix 4: Update Current iOS
- Open “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Click “General” -> click “Software Update”. There you can see an update available, you just click “Download and Install”.
- Next, enter your passcode if prompted.
- Click “Agree” to the Terms and Conditions.
- Again click “Agree” to begin the process.
1.Fix “The phone number is not registered with iMessage” error on Mac, iPad & iPhone
2.Fixed: iMessage Won’t Work to Only One Person
Fix 5: Factory Reset your iPhone
Before doing this backup your device. Because Factory Reset will erase your Phone.
- Open “Settings”.
- Click “General” -> click “Reset” -> click “Erase All Content Settings”.
- Enter your passcode if prompted and then click “Erase”.
I hope you that this article resolved your problem. If you have any doubt, let me know through your comment.