When users send text messages to other iPhone users, texts appears as iMessage and from user email address rather than phone number.
It keep showing users Apple account which is registered under iCloud and iMessage with email address.
So how to make iMessage send from phone number instead of email? Try the following solutions.
Go to Settings > Messages > Receive At. Sign out your Apple Id. Turn iMessage off and On.
After you sign out, “Receive At” turned as “Use your Apple ID for iMessage”.
- Go to Settings -> Messages -> Receive at.
- Select caller ID and tap your mobile number.
- Go to iMessage settings via Settings -> iMessage -> Send & Receive.
- You can see your primary phone number listed in grey with 1 or more email address below. If any phone number has check mark next to it, click the phone number and it will remove the check mark from the listed email address.
Disable and re-enable iMessage.
On your Mac, go to Messages -> Preferences -> Accounts -> iMessage. Uncheck all email address and just leave your phone number.
Go to Settings -> Messages -> Send & Receive -> Start New Conversation From. Select phone number instead of email address.
Go to your Apple ID account and make sure you have verified your phone number. Check your phone number listed under mobile number. If its not listed, add your mobile to your Apple ID account.
On your Mac, open Message app and login. Send message from Mac to some one.
- Sign out from your Apple account and turn off iMessage.
- Then turn on iMessage and log into your Apple account. After iMessage on, it will give option to “receive as”. Uncheck the email address.
Sign out of all Apple account. turn off your phone. Wait 10 seconds and turn on your iPhone.