Since upgrading to High Sierra I have not faced any issues on my mac but after upgrading it, the iMessage on my device doesn’t work fine. Then somehow I had fixed this serious issue with the help of tricks suggested by my friend Wilson. Here I am going to share those tricks with you so that you can also fix if the same issue persists on your device.
Fix 1: Remove Keychain Entries
- Firstly, close Messages app.
- Next open Keychain Access under the utility folder of your Applications folder.
- From the list of keychains on the left side of the window select Login.
- Select All items under category list.
- Search for entries of IDS and delete all entries that have IDS.
- Search for entries of FaceTime and delete all entries of FaceTime.
- Search for entries of Messages and delete all entries of Messages.
Fix 2: Reset NVRAM/PRAM
- Turn off your Mac via Apple Menu->Shut Down.
- Press the Power Button to turn on your Mac.
- Then immediately press and hold the Option + Command + P + R keys simultaneously as quickly as possible after pressing the Power Button.
- Keep pressing until you hear the startup sound for the second time.
Fix 3: Sign Out and then Sign in iMessage Account
- Launch Messages app on your macOS High Sierra.
- Then tap on Preferences.
- Next, select Accounts tab.
- Now select your iMessage Account (on the sidebar)
- Uncheck Enable this account
- Click Sign Out.
- Again sign back in your iMessage account.
Fix 4: Check for iMessage Service
Check whether if iMessage service is working or not. If it doesn’t work then the issue happens because of poor iMessage server. To verify that you can check the Apple’s system status page
- Make sure that you have set up iMessage correctly.
- Make sure that you have speed and good internet connection.
- Restore your macOS High Sierra.
- If your device is under Warranty Status then you can contact Apple Support for further help.
Hope any one of the above fixes will be helpful to you. If you find this article as useful of if you know any other solution to fix this “iMessage Not Working on High Sierra” issue then kindly share with me through your comments below. Thank You…