If you face FaceTime not working issue on iPhone 6, 5, 5c, 4s, 4 or iOS 8 these instructions may help you to fix your problem.
FaceTime is an important application in iOS and Mac OS X to make video calls without using Google hangout or Skype.
But a lot of users reported FaceTime or iMessage activation error. They face a problem when they turn on or send texts to other iPhone or iPad.
Fix 1: Check your carrier Provider
- First, check your country based carrier provider for iMessage and FaceTime in Apple support page.
Fix 2: Reset Network Settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Enter the Passcode if required and tap “Reset Network Settings” in the pop-up box.
Note: This action will reset all Wi-Fi Networks & Passwords, APN & VPN Settings, and Cellular Settings of your iPhone.
Fix 3: Disable iMessage or FaceTime
- Go to Settings -> message and turn off iMessage and FaceTime.
- Then turn on airplane mode (your WiFi automatically turned off). So turn on WiFi and try to send text messages via iMessage or make a call via FaceTime. It will prompt. Enter Apple ID and password details.
- Then you will get notification via carrier. Your carrier might charge for SMS.
- Press OK.
Fix 4: Update your current location
- FaceTime: Go to Settings -> FaceTime -> Apple ID and update your current location when the number has been registered. Then Save Settings.
- iMessage: Go to Settings -> Message -> Send & Receive -> Apple ID and update your current location. Tap Save.
- Finally, reset your iPhone.
Fix 5: Contact Apple support
If your issue not solved yet, contact Apple support.
if you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.