When iOS users try to delete IMAP emails on their iPhone or iPad, it won’t let them to erase it. They getting popup error message like “Unable to Move Message. The mailbox could not be moved to the mailbox Trash”. But they don’t face this kind of problem in their Mac computer.
This problem only happened for IMAP users not POP mailbox users.
- On your iPhone, open Settings app.
- Navigate to Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select the IMAP account and choose Advanced.
- Scroll down and tap the ‘IMAP Path Prefix’ filed. Enter the word INBOX in capitals.
- Press ‘< Account‘ at the top left of the screen and click Done.
- Thats all. You are now able to delete emails.
Note : If you can’t see “Advanced” button or “IMAP path prefix, delete the email account and add it manually again. This solution not solve hotmail, outlook.com or live.com users issue. Because Microsoft don’t use IMAP. They using Exchange active link.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select your IMAP account.
- Scroll down and choose Advanced -> Deleted Mailbox,
- Re-check the Trash then navigate back and click Done.
If you knew any other solution to solve “unable to move message to trash” error, inform us via comment