This is a step by step guide for Apple users to rest their Apple ID password and regain it access.
Go to My Apple ID page and select the “Reset your password” link.
Step 2 :
Enter your Apple ID email address (Ex: [email protected] or [email protected]) and choose Next.
Note: If you forgot your Apple ID email address, Choose Forgot your Apple ID link, It will take you to iforgot.apple.com/appleid page.
After you entered your Apple ID, there are 3 ways you can change your Apple ID password.
- Answer your security questions
- Use email authentication to change your Apple ID password.
- If you already setup 2 step verification, you can use it to change the password. But you need trusted device and recovery key.
Answer your security questions (Method 1)
1. Select the “Answer security questions” option and choose Next.
2. Choose your birth date and then select Next.
3. Answer your Security questions. Then set a new password and select Reset Password option.
Email authentication (Method 2)
1. Select the “Email authentication” option and then select Next.
You will get the message like “Email has been sent. When you receive your sign in information, follow the directions in the email to reset your password”.
Now Apple will send the email to your primary email address or rescue email address.
2. Now login your Primary or Rescue email address to open this email. Open the email and select the Reset Password link.
3. When the Apple ID Page opens, set a new password for your apple ID and choose Reset Password.
Two-step Authentication (Method 3)
1. Enter your Recovery Key and choose a trusted device. Apple will send your device verification code.
2. Enter the verification code.
3. Now set a password and select the Reset Password option.
If you can’t access your trusted device or lost your recovery key, you can’t change your Apple ID password.