Many Windows users faced an iCloud Photo Stream Not syncing issue after installing or updating the iCloud control panel in Windows. iCloud Photo Steam suddenly stopped updating. Let’s check the below solution to fix and get rid of this issue.
Solution 1: Delete Media Stream Folder
- Open iCloud for Windows and signed out.
- Open My Computer and then open C:/ drive. In the Menu bar, go to organize/Folder and Search Options and click the View tab.
- Select the show hidden files, folders, and drives radio button and click ok.
- Go to C: Users >Your USER NAME > App Data > R
oaming > Apple Computer > MediaStream.
Note: App data is a hidden folder in windows. So type everything in the address bar.
- Delete everything in the Media Stream folder.
- Then restart your computer.
- Open up your iCloud control panel in Windows and log back in.
- Once you log back in your folders should reappear and it should start syncing again.
Solution 2: Sign Out & Sign In Apple ID in iCloud
- Close all open iCloud-based windows in Windows Explorer or File Explorer.
- First, open the iCloud control panel.
- In Windows 8, go to the Start screen and click the iCloud shortcut.
- In Windows 7, Go to Start -> All Programs -> iCloud -> iCloud.
- Choose Sign out.
- Now re-enter Apple ID and Password and click Sign in.
- Choose iCloud Photos or Photo Stream under favorites in the folder window of file explorer (Windows 8) or Windows explorer (Windows 7).
- Double-click the Shared stream.
Solution 3: Remove Read-Only Option From Photo Stream Folder
- Right-click the Photo Stream folder and choose Properties. Remove the Read-only attribute from the Photo Stream folder.
Solution 4: Install iCloud 64.msi on your Computer
- Open the iCloud App and log out.
- Uninstall iCloud software in Windows.
- Open My Computer and then open C:/ drive. In the Menu bar, go to Tools/Folder Options and click the View tab.
- Select the show hidden files, folders, and drives radio button and click Ok.
- In C:/ drive, open the Users folder and then open your user folder (your username or admin name).
- Open the Program Data folder.
- Open Apple Folder (no Apple Computer folder).
- Now Open the Installer cache folder.
- In Details view sort on the name.
- Open the folder for the newest entry for iCloud control panel 2. x or 3. x or 4. x.
- Right-click on iCloud 64.msi and select install. That’s all.
Solution 5: Change Compatibility Mode
- Uninstall iCloud from your computer. Download iCloud for Windows from the Apple website.
- Do not install first. Right-click the setup file and change the compatibility mode for your Windows OS (Win 7, Win 8, or vista).
- File properties -> compatability mode ->”Compatability with Windows 7.
Solution 6: Update your Windows
- Check your windows are up to date. Outdated Windows is also the reason for this photo streaming issue. So check it out.
Guys this is the way to fix iCloud Photo Stream Not syncing on Windows. I hope it might be useful for you. And if you know any other solution let me know through the comments section below. Thank you and keep supporting iPhonetopics.com.