Some of Mac Users had reported a problem that, their iCloud contacts failed to work fine after upgrading to Mojave. It seems to be a very frustrating issue for you right…? Yup…I know how it feels to be… because I too had experienced this same issue before few days and then somehow I had fixed this “iCloud Contacts Not Working after Mojave Upgrade” issue with the help of tricks suggested by my friend Benny. Here, I gonna share those tricks with you so that you can sync your iCloud contacts to Mac so easily.
Before trying the fixes make sure that,
- You have a stable and speedy internet connection.
- You are using the latest version of macOS on your device.
- You are using the same Apple ID on your Mac, iCloud and iOS devices
Fix 1: Sign Out and Sign In iCloud Account
- Firstly, go to the Apple Menu at the top left of your Mac screen.
- Then tap System Preferences and Choose iCloud Panel.
- Now Sign Out iCloud and confirm an action.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Again Sign in your iCloud account and give a try.
Note: Before doing this fix, it is advisable to back up your iCloud data
Fix 2: Refresh your iCloud Contacts
- Firstly, go to Apple Menu-> System Preferences.
- Choose iCloud Panel
- Then make sure that the Contacts Syncing option is turned on.
- If the Contacts option is already turned on, just turn off it.
- Wait for few seconds and then again turn on it.
Fix 3. Restart your Mac
- Press the Power button or (press Control + Eject ) until the dialog box appears.
- Click the restart button. Just choose the Apple Key and then click Restart.
- And then press Control + Command + Eject (or) press Control + Command + Power button.
Fix 4: Restore Contacts
- Open iCloud.com and then launch Settings.
- Tap on Advanced Settings at the bottom of your screen.
- Finally, click Restore Contacts and give a try.
Note: This fix will restore your contacts from the backup. So, all your contacts will appear on your Mac.
Fix 5: Unhide Home/Library Folder
- Firstly, close the Contacts App on your device.
- Go to Library -> Application Support.
- Your Home/Library folder will be hidden. Make it visible by –Home Folder -> View-> Show View Options -> Select Show Library Folder.
- Then rename your Address Book Folder
- Next, open the Contacts App and create a new Address Book Folder.
- Now your contacts will be synced properly. If it works well, then you can delete the renamed folder.
Fix 6: Delete All Contacts -iCloud.com
Before trying this. Make sure that you have taken a backup of all your iCloud Contacts because this fix will delete all your contacts from your device.
- Open iCloud.com-> Contacts.
- Then Delete All Contacts from iCloud.com and wait for a few seconds.
- Now your contacts will disappear from your macOS/iOS devices.
- Finally, import the backup of your contacts into iCloud.com and give a try.
Note: Before deleting all your contacts check whether all your contacts are up to date on iCloud.com
Hope the above fixes will be helpful for you. If you find this article as useful or if you know any other solution to fix this issue then, kindly share your experience with me through your comments below. Thank You…