iCal stopped syncing from iPhone to Mac. New events added to iPhone are not showing up in iCal on Mac.
Reported devices : iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iPhone 4S
So how to fix this issue?
- Open iCal app on Mac and backup/export your entries. Note the backup file name and location.
- Launch Finder and remove all files inside the “User-name/Library/Calendars” folder. Note : Change the “User-name” in file path with your original username like John.
- Open iSync application from the “/Applications/“ folder. Go to iSync -> Preferences. Click the “Reset Sync History” and close the iSync app.
- Relaunch iCal app and import (File -> import) new calendar. Import the backup file which is already exported. After it completed, close the iCal program.
- Launch iTunes app and connect your iPhone to computer.
- From the iPhone Info tab -> Advanced section. Check the box “ Overwrites/replaces the calendar data on the Apple iPhone”.
- No press the Apply/Sync button.
On your iPhone, go to Settings -> iCloud and turn off “Calendar”. Then try to sync again.
Sometimes this issue might happened because of the corrupted calendar folder.
- Go to library -> Calendar. Drag the calendar to desktop (for security purpose).
- Create a new calendar folder.
SEE ALSO : How to fix iCal not connecting to Google calendar
Open Terminal and type the following command.
/System/Library/Frameworks/SyncServices.framework/Versions/A/Resources/resetsync .pl full
Press return and close the Terminal app.
- Connect your iPhone to computer and launch iTunes.
- Click the Info tab.
- Check the box ‘Sync calendar” and check the “Selected Calendars” and check every calendar inside the square. The press the Sync tab at the bottom right corner of the window.
- On Mavericks, Launch iCal.
- Right click on an entry and select calendar from the drop down list.
- Click any relevant category in the iCloud list on the drop down menu.
Solution for MobileMe users
- On your iMac, go to System Preferences and open MobileMe preferences. From the bottom menu click “Advanced” and click “Reset Sync Data”.
- MobileMe might disable b/c account shifted to iCloud. Check still you are “Signed in” to MobileMe. Then signed out MobileMe on Mac.
- Connect your iPhone or iPod to computer. Launch iTunes and go to iPhone settings. Turn off Over-the-air calendar syncing. Then you can use the check boxes to sync calendars.
If you knew any other solutions for iCal Sync issue with iCloud, do let us via comment.