Many working persons have switched to working from home conditions after the Coronavirus pandemic. So that the demand for webcams has now begun. Moreover, most of us, haven’t Webcam. So why not use your iPhone camera as a webcam on your PC? That's a great idea, right? So you don’t get tensed about the webcam, because your iPhone will act as a webcam for your business or personal purposes. In this article, I suggest two free apps that are available on your App Store.
One of the reasons Iriun Webcam is so popular is that the free tier allows you to increase the video quality to 4K. Moreover, the user interface is clear and easy to use with excellent camera quality. And it instantly connects with your PC if you're on the same Wi-Fi network. Most importantly, the app doesn’t show any watermarks on your video.
Steps to Turn your iPhone into a Webcam
1. Get the Iriun Webcam App on your iPhone
Get Iriun App to get top-notch camera quality on your live streaming or recording. To do that,
- Tap the App Store on your iPhone.
- Click on the Search option located at the bottom right corner.
- Type Iriun Webcam on the search bar and tap Get.
2. Download and install PC Driver
Download Webcam Drivers for your PC. Run the installer and follow the instructions on the screen. For that,
- Open Google Chrome and type iriun.com on the search bar.
- Select Webcam for Windows option.
- In a few seconds, Windows Webcam.exe file downloading will be over.
- After that, open that file and install it.
3. Connect your iPhone to PC
- Here you have two choices. That is, you can connect via USB cable or Wi-Fi.
- If you’re connecting via Wi-Fi, make sure that this iPhone and PC are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
4. Set the Iriun Webcam app as the Webcam on your PC
- Firstly make sure that you’re connected iPhone to the PC via USB cable or Wi-Fi.
- Then Open the Iriun Webcam app on iPhone as well as on your PC.
- Now your iPhone camera is working as a Webcam on your PC. That’s it.
In the free version, there is limited 1920 x 1080 resolution output. And also you have Watermark on the free tier. If you buy a paid version of EpocCam that bumps video output to Full HD and also does not show any Watermark. In the free tier, you couldn’t use an iPhone as a microphone. Okay, I will give you a brief explanation of using EpocCam as your Webcam on your PC.
Steps to Turn on your iPhone into a Webcam
1. Install EpocCam free version on your iPhone.
2. Download and install PC Driver. For that,
- Open Google Chrome and type www.elgato.com/en/epoccam in the search bar.
- Tap the Windows button for downloading and installing PC drivers.
- After downloading, install EpocCam PC Drivers.
3. Connect your iPhone and PC via USB Cable or in the same Wi-Fi network.
4. Now automatically the iPhone camera acts as a PC's Webcam. That’s it.
Set iPhone Camera as your PC’s Webcam in Zoom
After completing the settings, you can use various camera and video applications, such as Zoom, Skype, etc., with the Iriun webcam or EpocCam Webcam application. For instance,
- Connect your iPhone to a PC via USB cable or the same Wi-Fi network.
- Then choose the Webcam app (Iriun webcam or EpocCam) on your iPhone.
- After that, open the Zoom app on your PC.
- Create New Meeting or Join Meeting as your need.
- In the Zoom app, click the ^ symbol on the stop video.
- From the drop-down menu tap Video Settings.
- Now, in Camera, select the Webcam option that was opened on your iPhone. And here you can change other options.
- Only the Iriun Webcam App allows you to use an iPhone as a microphone.
- An iPhone camera can be used as a webcam on your PC in Zoom once you select your Webcam app.
From the above Applications, I hope you chose the best Application and learned how to use an iPhone camera as a Webcam on your PC. If you have any doubts, then feel free to share them with me in the comment area. Thank you for your continued support of iPhonetopics.com.