Lot of iPhone users reported this issue. iPhone is completely wiped and there is no history of latest backups (listed in iTunes). Users can see the backup on system. So how to restore iPhone with backup that is not listed in iTunes.
Sometime iPhone not showing backups except most recent one.
Devices : iphone 5s, iphone 4s, iPhone 6
- On your Mac, navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup.
- In that folder you can find backup files (Note: Deactivate the automatic sync option. Because it might override past backups).
- Connect your iPhone to computer suing USB cable.
- In iTunes, click the “Back up now” option. It will create new functional backup.
- Now navigate to the latest backup file folder in Mac. here you can find the file named Info.plist at the bottom. It is a xml file.
- Copy all the text from the beginning all the way up through “<key>IC-Info.sidv</key>”
- Close the file. Now navigate back to the backup folder. Open the old back file folder which is not listed in iTunes and open the info.plist file.
- Delete everything all the way through “<key>IC-Info.sidv</key> and paste everything you copied from another file. Save the file and close it.
- Finally launch iTunes. You can see the old backup version you want to restore.