Many peoples are facing a problem with AirPort Express. Here there is one solution to fix this problem that is Reset AirPort. Because most of the common problem is solved by resetting the AirPort, But you don't know how to reset it. That's fine. Here is the article I will show you how to properly reset your AirPort Express. Let's see what it is.
How to reset AirPort Express to factory default settings
If you want to restore your Airport express to factory settings, this is how you do it.
- Unplug your AirPort express from its power source.
- Take a paper clip. Bend the end of a paper clip down (straightened paper clip).
- On the AirPort express next to the audio jag there is a small button named reset button. Press and hold this button with your paper clip or pencil or pen.
- While still holding the button down insert the Airport Express back to its power source.
- Let go of the button after the amber light flashes.
How to Soft Reset the AirPort Express
- Connect your device to a Power source and wait until it completes the start-up process.
- Press and hold the Reset button with a pencil or pen for 1 second and release it.
- The LED light will begin flashing amber. This indicates your AirPort Express in soft reset mode.
- Go to the AirPort menu bar item and select the network created by the device. (It's not changed the network name).
- Go to Applications -> Utilities and open AirPort Utility.
- Now choose the base station and click Edit.
- Now change the password or settings if you need and click Update and Continue as required.
- Close the AirPort Utility.
How to Hard Reset the AirPort Express
- Press and hold the reset button with a pencil or paper clip until you see the LED status light start to flash amber (this happened after 5 seconds).
- Now release the button. Your device will reset.
- Wait until the base station finishes restarting (about a minute). Then launch AirPort Utility via Applications -> Utilities.
- From the Other Wi-Fi Devices, select the base station, then click Edit.
- Choose the Other Options button.
- Choose “Restore previous settings” and press Next until you get the last window.
- AirPort Utility will indicate the Setup is complete. Press Done.
- Close AirPort Utility.
These are the steps to reset your AirPort Express safely. If you have any doubts or suggestions let me know through the comment section below. Thank you and keep supporting us.