How to reset AirPort Express to factory default settings
If you want to restore your Airport express to factory settings, this is how you do it.
- Unplug your AirPort express from its power source.
- Take a paper clip. Bend the end of a paper clip down (straightened paper clip).
- On the AirPort express next to the audio jag there is a small button named reset button. Press and hold this button with your paper clip or pencil or pen.
- While still holding the button down insert the AirPort Express back to its power source.
- Let go of the button after the amber light flashes.
- Connect your device to power source and wait until it complete start up process.
- Press and hold the reset button with a pencil or pen for 1 second and release it.
- The LED light will begin flashing amber. This indicate your AirPort Express in soft reset mode.
- Go to AirPort menu bar item and select the network created by the device. (Its not change the network name).
- Go to Applications -> Utilities and open AirPort Utility.
- Now choose the base station and click Edit.
- Now change the password or settings if you need and click Update and Continue as required.
- Close the AirPort Utility.
- Press and hold the reset button with a pencil or paper clip until you see the LED status light start to flash amber (this happened after 5 seconds).
- Now release the button. Your device will reset.
- Wait until the base station to finish restarting (about a minute). Then launch AirPort Utility via Applications -> Utilities.
- From the Other Wi-Fi Devices, select the base station, then click Edit.
- Choose the Other Options button.
- Choose “Restore previous settings” and press Next util you get the last window.
- AirPort Utility will indicate the Setup is complete. Press Done.
- Close AirPort Utility.