If Canon PIXMA MX700 runs out of ink, it shows error message like “U163: The following ink has run out. Replace the ink tank” and prevent from using it.
Sometimes it really irritate you, especially when you need to scan. Two ways you can temporarily fix this problem until you will get new ink.
Note : The following one of the solution also solve the other canon printers (MP495, JX210P, MG5220, MG5270, MG5470, MP220, MG6320, MP280, MP470, MP560, MP620, MP640, MP970, MP980,MX885 MX310 and MX882.) issue.
Solution 1: Use Factory mode
- Unplug the Canon Printer.
- Click and hold the Power button while plugging the Canon printer back in.
- When (Continue to) holding the Power button, press the Reset button twice.
- Release the Power button and wait 10 seconds. Finally, it will show the No 1 on the LCD.
- If the printer also display “Idle” on its screen, navigate to the settings with the right and left arrow buttons until you find “USER MODE POWER OFF”.
- Press the OK.
- Now it should allow you to print or scan.
Solution 2: Press reset button
Press and hold the Reset/Stop button for at least 5 seconds. It stop the Canon printer from detecting ink levels.
If you knew any other solutions to solve “Canon PIXMA printer No ink” error, inform us via comment.