Fix 1: Delete and add saved fingerprint
If you want to delete the finger print on your iPad, follow my guide.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap on Touch ID & Passcode. When it prompt enter your password.
- Tap on fingerprint you want to remove.
- Select the option Delete Fingerprint.
If you want to add the fingerprint again in your iPad,
- Navigate to Settings -> Touch ID & Passcode.
- Select the option Add a fingerprint.
Fix 2: Clean your iPad Home screen
Touch ID issue happened on your iPad because your iPad Home button not clean.
Use clean and dry cloth to clean the Home button. When you use TouchID make sure your fingers are clean.
Fix 3: Restart your iPad
Press and hold the iPad Mini 3 Home button and Power button together until Apple logo appears.
Fix 4 : Contact Apple Care
If your iPad Mini 3 still under warranty, take your iPad to nearest Apple care service center.
Don’t forget to suggest your own solution to fix iPad Mini, iPad Air touch ID issues.